How to apply for Voter ID Card in Delhi (Online)
The process of applying for a Voter Card online is quite easy. The first time voters who wish to register their name in the electoral list can perform the application by signing up and submitting the application form.
The step by step procedure for applying for a Voter ID Card online is as follows:
- Go to the official website of Chief Electoral Officer of Delhi. If you are a first time user then register yourself first.
- In the registration process, you have to enter the details like your name, address and phone number.
- Now login using your credentials, in the resulting page, choose for “Apply for the inclusion of name in Voter List using the Form-6” online.
- In the Form-6, you have to enter the area, locality or the Assembly Constituency Number. Once you are done with that you have to enter your name, surname, and date of birth, age, and place of birth address including the taluka and district and information about the other family members whose name has been already included in the electoral list.
- The first time registered users has to select an option that says that, your name is not included in the electoral roll of any assembly.
- Those who are applying for the change of address to another assembly constituency or for the Voter ID whose name is not entered on the electoral roll must select the option “Your Name is not included in the Electoral Roll”.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number and after entering the OTP; you can preview the form and submit it.
- Once the form is submitted, you need to attach the supporting documents like the address proof, identity proof, and photograph.
- Then your application form will be reviewed and the Booth Level Officer will pay a visit to your residence to verify that all the information that you have provided is correct or not.
- This will lead your application move to next further procedure. Once all the procedures are completed, your Voter ID will be sent to your residential address.
How to apply for Voter ID Card (Offline)
The people who wish to enroll themselves, but is not comfortable with the online process. The Election Commission has introduced an alternate way to apply for the Voter ID card in Delhi, where the candidates can directly submit the form in the Election Commission Office or the camps that are organized by the Election Department.
- Collect the form 6 (You can either download the form or you can get the copy of the form from the Voter’s Registration and the EPIC Center of your Assembly Constituency.
- Fill in the form completely. Paste the passport size photograph in the space provided.
- Attach the age and residence proof.
- Now send the form along with the supporting documents via post to the VREC (Voter’s Registration and EPIC Center of the Assembly Constituency.
- You can also go in person and visit the nearest VREC and submit the following application form and documents.
- You can also submit the documents to the Booth Level Officers after which the verification will be conducted.
- If the Booth Level Officers said OK to your application form and the documents then the Voter ID Card will be sent to your residence.