Aadhaar card is a 12 digit unique identification number which has been mandated by the government of India with every other important official document and schemes. Hence it is important to own Aadhaar card.
However, to get an Aadhaar card you are no longer required to visit Aadhaar enrolment centres, you can do it from the comfort of your house.
UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) who is responsible for managing governments flagship program Aadhaar has launched e – Aadhaar cards where you can get your Aadhaar card online.
How to download e – Aadhaar Card
In order to download e – Aadhaar card, you are required to provide information such as:
Enrolment variety with date and time
Full name of the applier
Area PIN code
Keep the above information handy to proceed with the download. And follow the below mentioned steps which are as follows:
- Visit the e – Aadhaar portal i.e. eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in
- Enter required details and the variety of time and date, full name, PIN code and mobile variety
- Put the captcha code which is case sensitive
- Click on submit button
- Once you click on the submit button you will receive an acronym on your registered mobile number through SMS
- Step 6 – Enter OTP (One Time Password) within the required field
- Click on the Submit button
- In case of correct information, you will get the “Download your e – Aadhaar card” option, click on it
- Once you click on it, you will redirected to the PDF format of the e – Aadhaar card that is downloadable
- Enter PIN code acronym and you can open e – Aadhaar card
How to Print Aadhaar Card via Uidai Official Website
Once downloaded, you can also get a print out of your Aadhaar Card. Follow the below mentioned steps to print your Aadhaar card:
- Open the downloaded file by using the Acrobat Reader in PDF format
- Print (CTRL + P – short cut for print command) after the file has opened or you can also click on the “Print” option which is present on the file menu of Acrobat Reader
- Or you can also copy the file on a pen drive and visit any cyber cafe and get print out of it
Also note that the process of printing an original and a duplicate Aadhaar card online is the same. In case you have lost your Aadhaar card, you can get a print of a duplicate card by following the steps mentioned above. In case you forgot your Aadhaar number and enrolment ID, you can get it online on the website of UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India).